Manager of Operations
A globally reputed NGO, Shanti Bhavan (www.shantibhavanchildren.org), seeks a highly motivated Manager of Operations to oversee US operations.
We are looking for an experienced Manager of Operations (OM) to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures.
The Operations Manager is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Director of Global Operations (DO). You will supervise diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen, and an exemplary work ethic, we’d like to meet you.
The goal of the OM position is to secure the organization’s functionality to drive sustainable growth. You will be the second-in-command for our US team and responsible for the organization’s efficient operation
Position start date: July 2022.
This is a remote position.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the organization and the work of team members (Marketing, Sales, Alumni Relations, Programming, etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Write and submit reports to the DO on all matters of importance
- Assist DO in fundraising ventures
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors/international chapters
- Travel 8-12 weeks out of the year at 4-6 week intervals to our offices in Bangalore, India
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
- Proven experience as a Manager of Operations or relevant role
- Experience working and managing teams; international experience is a plus
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of Business infrastructure, MS Office, Asana, CRM software, and Google Suite
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong writing and communications skill
- Extremely detailed-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Remote position
- Starting salary: $70,000 USD annual base salary
- We offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 16 days of paid time off in addition to 9 federal US holidays.
- We provide a comprehensive 401(k) plan
Prospective applicants are advised to watch the documentary Daughters of Destiny on NETFLIX and visit our website before applying. Send a resume and a cover letter describing your eligibility to [email protected] and include Haven in the subject line.
Video Editor/Ad Creative
The Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project is a one-of-a-kind nonprofit serving the most underprivileged children in India. We are looking for a video editor and creative who can bring life to our message and attention to the vital work we do. The ideal candidate will collaborate with Shanti Bhavan’s Digital Content Strategist to produce video content for various paid advertising streams, the Shanti Bhavan website, and our Youtube channel. Although a key element of this job is video editing, our video editor is a member of our marketing team and is involved in the entire creative process, from brainstorming to post-production.
We are seeking a part-time contractor to work 10-20 hours per month. At the conclusion of a satisfactory 30-day trial contract, a 6-month contract will be offered, with the opportunity for further extensions. Pay is $25-$35 per hour, commensurate with one’s previous experience.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (featuring video editing work) to [email protected]
- Computer fluency in Mac and PC
- Experience with video pre-production and post-production
- Experience with animation
- Experience creating graphics, titles, and other similar assets
- Experience sourcing music for videos
- Fluency with prominent paid advertising platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and their content requirements
- Familiarity with basic marketing concepts, such as funnels, audiences, and lead magnets
- Creativity and originality
- Attention to detail
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Client-facing communication
- Organization, ability to juggle multiple projects
VIDEO EDITOR SUGGESTED SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY
- Adobe Creative Suite: Premiere
- Adobe Creative Suite: After Effects
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop
- Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator
- Adobe Audition
- Other Adobe Creative Suite apps
Adopt A Student Into Your Applied Studio
About Broadway for Arts Education
Broadway for Arts Education creates a bridge between the broadway community and underserved youth, using arts education as a tool to open doors through which tomorrow’s leaders can emerge.
About the Shanti Bhavan Music Program
Shanti Bhavan empowers children from India’s lowest socioeconomic class to break the cycle of generational poverty through education, leadership, and compassion. Broadway for Arts Education offers general music, private piano and voice instruction, and choir classes for a community of over 200 children aged 4-18. Music classes are led by a cohort of distinguished teaching artists. Virtual instructors have the opportunity to teach students in the following disciplines:
- Applied Voice Lessons
- Applied Piano Lessons
- Applied Guitar Lessons
- Applied Flute Lessons
- Applied Percussion Lessons
- Applied Violin and/or Cello Lessons
- Applied Conducting Lessons
- Music Technology (e.g. Soundtrap, etc.)
- and more!
- Minimum 1-year commitment
- 1 hr/week preferred
Applied Disciplines Include
Voice, Piano, Guitar Flute, Percussion, Violin, Cello, Conducting, & Music Tech.