A look back at 2016April 29, 2017
What A Year It’s Been!
Thank you for being a part of Shanti Bhavan! In 2016 your kindness made all the difference. And you still have 48 hours to make an end-of-year tax deductible donation that provides life-changing opportunities to the children of Shanti Bhavan!
Your generosity made 2016 remarkable. All the children – from pre-school to 12th grade – illustrated what it means to be the best they can be. We hope you saw some of our 2016 highlights in picture and on video, but if you missed them, catch up on our favorites today.
- The students’ extracurriculars were stronger than ever: they planned and performed a great entertainment program for their parents, our soccer team played a fun match with our friends at ExxonMobil, and our choir performed beautifully at special events in Bangalore. Click here to see a special photo album of 2016 memories!
- Vijay and Bhavani traveled to Chicago for the annual Tufaan dance competition and Shanti Bhavan fundraiser. They told their story in front of nearly a thousand people, watch it here!
- We welcomed 24 new preschoolers who have mastered their ABCs, numbers, colors, and nursery rhymes. Watch as they introduce themselves to you!
- Director of Operations, Ajit George, spoke at Oliver Wyman on the unique successes of the Shanti Bhavan model.
- Glamour Magazine’s The Girl Project featured Keerthi telling her story of how Shanti Bhavan has made it possible to pursue her dreams. Watch it here.
2017 Begins With You!
The 10th and 12th graders have returned early from the holidays to prepare for their ICSE and ISC examinations in March, and we have many more exciting things planned in the upcoming year, but we need your help to make them a reality. No matter how large or small, your contribution will be the one gift that makes a real difference in the lives of Shanti Bhavan’s children. Please don’t let the year pass without one more act of kindness. Help us ensure our children’s continued success in 2017 by donating today. We need your help, donate now.
With love and gratitude,
Dr. George, Staff, and Children